RECIPE - DARK MUFFINS: COCOA&COFFEE


HELLO INTERNET!

Today I want to present you my new recipe that I already tested for you: cocoa and coffee muffins.

They have a strong taste, delicious for those of you that love chocolate, like me.

I love so much the taste of coffee too, and don’t let me even start writing about my passion for chocolate! 

Being lactose intolerant I choose to put instead of milk as the liquid part of the recipe, water and coffee made with the moka, in my case italian style (very strong coffee). The result was surprising even for me. 

These muffins are amazing! Actually you can’t even taste that much the coffee, but that’s because it perfectly fuse together with the cocoa… giving you back an extraordinary strong black chocolate taste and smell. 

I tasted these muffins the same day that I made them and loved them so much. But the day after, for breakfast I had 2 of them ‘cause I could not resist… they tasted so good. You can’t maybe even tell that there is so mch coffee inside… because the taste they have.. is something so full and smelly: it’s rich! 
I love it!




With these ingredients you can make 20-24 muffins. If for the first time you would like just to taste this recipe, then split in two the doses so you can try if this kind of taste is something you may like.


INGREDIENTS:

500g = 17.6oz - FLOUR ( I used 250g of strong flour, helping the dough to rise better + 250g of normal flour)

200g = 7.1oz - SUGAR (130g = 4.6oz of BROWN sugar + 70g = 2.5oz of WHITE sugar)

200g = 7.1oz - BUTTER

40g = 1.4oz - COCOA POWDER (unsweetened)

16g = 0.6oz - BAKING POWDER

2 - EGGS

130mL = 0.5cup US - MOKA COFFEE

170mL = 0.7cup US WATER



PROCEDURE:

Combine the flours to cocoa and baking powder being careful to sift everything well.
 
Place the butter in a ceramic bowl and allow it to soften for about 15-30 seconds in the microwave - making sure that it just mellow and not melt completely - then mix it well with a spun until it is melted into a smooth and thick cream.

In a bowl mix 2 eggs with all the sugar, so it begins to dissolve. Then add the creamy butter and mix well. 

Combine these ingredients, mixed well together, to the flour and begin to stir, adding a little at a time coffee (previously prepared with the Moka) with water.



Once the finished dough will be smooth, you will fill 3/4  of the muffins’ cups. I used silicone ones, requiring the canonical greasing only on first use. Using normal aluminum baking cups for example you must grease them and put some flour before you can proceed to fill them. Or you can just use the paper ones, but in this case you still need the aluminium or silicone ones to hold them in form. 


The oven must be preheated at 180ºC = 356.00ºF and the muffins should cook for 20-25 minutes max.  

Always the toothpick test serves as evidence of the baking status: if, once stuck a toothpick inside the muffins, retrieved presents dough stuck then the muffins are not yet perfectly cooked; If the toothpick instead is clean: your muffins are ready to be taken out of the oven!




With the remaining dough I made a small cake too


I hope you will try and enjoy these muffins and I think you will if you like these kind of strong and delicious flavors and don't love overly sugared sweets. In this case… this recipe is made for you too! ENJOY

A muffin with chocolate and coffee in the morning is just what you need to start a long day! 

Bon Appétit
and if you try it let me know!



Write you soon,      
Inda.





0 commenti:

Posta un commento

 

Post piĂą popolari

Contact ME

You can contact me here:
inda.double@gmail.com

Blog to follow

  • Don't be such a n00b. - Questo Blog non può essere lasciato a se stesso e dato che il legittimo proprietario latita, l'Angolo del Nabbo, del tutto arbitrariamente, decide di prend...

Collaboratori

Follow by Bloglovin'